COVID VACCINE POLICY
Southwest Decadence will be a COVID-19 vaccination-only event to support the greater health and safety of all attendees. Every person who attends the convention, whether they are volunteers, artists, vendors, performers, or general attendees must show proof of having the one of the authorized primary series vaccines at least 2 weeks prior to attending the event. Those who are medically unable to get vaccinated may attend if thy bring documentation of a negative covid PCR/NAAT test from a verifiable medical professional no more than three (3) days before arriving to on-site conference check-in. (A negative antigen/home test is not accepted.)
USA Authorized Vaccines
- Johnson & Johnson – 1
- Pfizer - 2
- Novavax - 2
- Moderna – 2
Canada Authorized Covid Vaccines
- Johnson & Johnson – 1
- Pfizer - 2
- Novavax - 2
- Moderna – 2
- AstraZeneca - 2
- Medicago Covifenz - 2
Bring your original vaccination card(s) to show at registration or a web-based application or screen shots of your vaccination records. Anyone who is unable to show proof of vaccination (or documentation of a negative test as detailed above) will be denied admission to the event with no refund or compensation.
I am freely and voluntarily choosing to attend and participate in this event and to view and/or participate in activities that I know are adult oriented and sexually explicit and that involve acts of domination, submission, bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism, and other explicit and extreme sexual fetishes and activities including, but not limited to, spanking, paddling, whipping, waxing, piercing, knife or edge or blood play, bondage, suspension, fisting and other oral, vaginal and anal penetration. I understand that these activities involve certain risks including, but not limited to, the possible negligent or reckless conduct of other participants.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I am aware that these activities are considered extremely hazardous activities. I am voluntarily participating in and/or observing these activities with full knowledge of the dangers involved, and I accept, and I assume full responsibility for any and all risks of property damage, personal injury or death.
I am aware that Southwest Decadence pre-authorized Photo Staff will have photo privileges throughout the weekend. Attendees without a visible yellow clip-on tag authorize and permit, as part of their registration, Southwest Decadence and its media designees to use his/her namebadge name, likeness and all reproduction thereof in any and all media now or hereafter. This includes use of photos for marketing on social media, the Southwest Decadence website, and other locations.
As consideration for being permitted by Southwest Decadence to enter the event, and view and participate in these activities, and to use the facilities and equipment provided, I agree that neither I nor anyone through me or on my behalf will make any claim against or sue Southwest Decadence. or anyone affiliated with Southwest Decadence including, but not limited to, its owners, officers, directors, members, agents, employees, volunteers, promoters, sponsors, and contractors, and including, but not limited to, the owners, lessors or suppliers of the premises and the owners, lessors or suppliers of equipment used in connection with the event, for any injury or damage suffered by me at any time during my presence at the event or as a result of my participation in any activities at the event, and I hereby release, waive and forever discharge them, their heirs, administrators, executors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demand, actions or rights of action, of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of my attendance at or participation in the event or activities.
INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Southwest Decadence and those individuals and entities described, from any loss, liability, injury, damage or cost that they may occur or that they may incur due to my presence or my actions at the event, whether caused by my negligence or otherwise.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR PIERCING AT THE DANCE OF SOULS
- I acknowledge that I am signing this section of the agreement pertaining to the Dance Of Souls event even if I am not registered for the Dance Of Souls or have no intention of getting pierced. I am doing so just in case I change my mind after registering for Southwest Decadence.
- I understand that the piercing I am considering is a possibly dangerous procedure.
- I acknowledge that there are complications that may occur, while they are unusual, they must be considered prior to having a piercing.
- I am aware that piercing is generally safe; however, there are some complications to consider. Piercing may cause bruises, strains, fractures (broken bones), dislocation of body parts, alterations in skin and muscles, structural damage to the body, scarring, marring of skin, paralysis, infection, scar formation, and sometimes death. Piercing may place me at risk for disease and or trauma to my body. The most common complication is soreness at the time of the piercing and for a period of time thereafter, and infection. I will consider all of these factors prior to having a piercing done.
- I am aware that all equipment used in piercing is sterile or cleansed with an antiseptic prior to use on my body. Needles used are for single use only will be discarded after use and, to the best of our knowledge of the piercing staff and Southwest Decadence, all equipment is in good working condition. Accessories I bring with me are used at my own risk.
- I agree to keep my piercing cleansed as instructed, and to see a health care professional should redness, pain, swelling, or any discharge from the pierced site occur.
- By registering for the Dance Of Souls, I indicate my understanding of the above information.
- I agree that neither I nor anyone through me or on my behalf will make any claim against or sue Southwest Decadence. or anyone affiliated with Southwest Decadence including, but not limited to its owners, officers, directors, members, agents, employees, volunteers, promoters, sponsors, and contractors, and including, but not limited to, the owners, lessors or suppliers of the premises and the owners, lessors or suppliers of equipment used in connection with the event, for any injury or damage suffered by me at any time during my participation at the Dance Of Souls. I hereby release, waive and forever discharge them, their heirs, administrators, executors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demand, actions or rights of action, of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of my attendance at or participation in the Dance Of Souls.
KNOWING AND VOLUNTARY EXECUTION
I have carefully read this document and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between Southwest Decadence and me, and that I am giving up many legal rights and remedies by registering for Southwest Decadence. I further agree that, for the purposes of authorizing and authenticating this liability waiver, my electronic signature via online registration through Cognito has the full force and effect of a signature affixed by hand to a paper document.
QUESTIONS? Please use the CONTACT US form