The intoxicating scent of freshly conditioned boots…..the rich, musky fragrance of a supple leather jacket caressed with Huberd’s….a glistening mirror shined boot reflecting the sensual smile of the bootblack….primitive, carnal, erotic.
Experience premier leathercare from skilled bootblacks at Southwest Decadence. Stop by and visit in the conference center lobby.
Thursday 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm (pending bootblack availability)
Friday 10:00 am – 9:30 pm
Saturday Day 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday Night 9:00 pm – Midnight
Sunday Noon – 3:00 pm (pending bootblack availability)
TAKE TIME FOR LEATHER LOVING
Bootblack service is usually waiting list only and signing up is critical. Our ticket system is based on a successful method used at Folsom Street Fair, Dore Alley, and other events.
- Want your boots or leathers loved? Come to the Bootblack Lounge anytime it is open and get a numbered ticket at the greeting table.
- This ticket will give you a place in line for the entire weekend.
- When you are ready to get your boots or leathers done come up to the Bootblack Lounge greeting table or be in hearing distance.
- We will call out for the lowest unused ticket number at that specific time. If your number is the lowest, you will be next in line.
- If you are not around when your number is called you don't lose your place in line. We will always call the lowest unclaimed ticket number when a chair is available.
- Your ticket is good for one pair of boots/shoes or one article of clothing. Once you redeem your ticket you can get another one to use at another time.
- Do not lose your ticket! If you lose your ticket, you lose your spot in line.
- Everyone is welcome in the Bootblack Lounge.
- Relax, enjoy, and chat if you wish. Moan in ecstasy if the experience is erotic.
- Keep it fun and keep it real…a warm body must be in the boots or garments to be cared for. We're happy to shine your boots, clean and condition those chaps, pants, or skirts, rub down a shirt, or give your gloves some special care.
- We will only be offering drop-off service if there are bootblacks available at the time and no guests are in the chairs. Bootblacks will not be taking drop-off boots to work on after their shift is done…they want to play also!
- As sexy as the bootblacks might be, please be sure touching is by consent. Ask first.
- Bootblacking is also a spectator sport. Please do not interrupt the bootblack and the person in the chair unless you have their prior ok.
- Tipping is appropriate and suggested….and is a time-honored tradition in the United States kink/Leather world. Bootblack products and tool are pricey….and the skill and talent of a good bootblack is priceless. Many bootblacks also donate some of their tips to charitable organizations.
- Don’t have cash? Most bootblacks have at least one app for accepting tips: Venmo, CashApp, GooglePay, Zelle, etc.
- Most people tip about $15 - $20 for a standard pair of boots, skirt, pants or jacket in reasonable condition. Add a few more bucks for multiple buckles, tall boots, long coats, corsets, repair work, and outstanding service. Any kind of mud, glop, sludge, or goo is often considered to be worth a little more.
WANT TO SHINE?
Any bootblack is welcome to join in the fun. Can’t bring your full kit on the plane? We’ll find someone to share. Bootblacks who are scheduled to shine will receive a discount at registration based on number of hours committed…and may keep all their gratuities.
o 4 hours = 20% discount of registration rate (at time of registration)
o 8 hours = 40% discount of registration rate (at time of registration)
- Please submit the Bootblack Application before registering for the event
- Submission of this application does not guarantee acceptance as a Bootblack. We will try our best to accommodate all Bootblacks but space and times are limited.
- Each application will be reviewed upon submission and the interested attendee will be informed of Bootblack status within 7 days.
- Once accepted, the Bootblack Coordinator will send a designated code for online registration.
- The Bootblack will then have 7 days to complete the online registration and pay the reduced registration fee.
- All attendees must register before July 17th. Onsite registration will not be offered.
- Attendee Bootblack must abide by all rules and regulations of all other attendees.
- Bootblacks will be responsible for all pre-purchase of event extras and Dance of Souls.
- Bootblack registrations cannot be sold, transferred, or refunded.
For additional information or questions, please send a message through the Contact Us form.